Remote Control GE Universal Remote. This guide will guide you through the GE Universal Remote.
You can use it to control your TV, DVD or your satellite or cable box. When you control your DVD player, there are enough buttons on the remote to perform the task. With GE Universal Remote, you are concerned about losing codes when you schedule replacement batteries.
Instructions for Manually Programming the GE Universal Remote
1. First, you need the power of the device you want to control – TV, DVD, VCR
2. Find the Code Search / Setup button on your Universal Remote. Hold this button. Do so until the indicator light comes on. Then release the button.
3. Next step is to press and release the remote button for the device (TV, DVD or VCR). The indicator light appears and remains intact.
4. You are now ready to enter the code provided for your device model. Upon entering, the indicator light is turned off.
5. The last step is to check if the device is programmed for remote work. To do this, press the power button. If your device is enabled, your remote will work for a specific device.
Depending on your device brand, more than one code will be listed for your device. If the first code works, try the next and the next.
Using the code search function: If you try the codes listed for your device brand and your device can’t respond, give them more. You can always try the code search feature.
Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Make sure the device is turned on.
2. Find the code search / setup button and hold it. Wait until the indicator light comes on. Then release the button.
3. Locate the button for the device (TV, DVD or VCR) on the remote you want to program. Once the indicator light comes on and shines.
4. Now press and release the power button until your device is turned off. If your device is not running, wait a few seconds to try again. The product developer warns that it will be up to 250 times before you get power from your device.
5. To turn off the power on your device, press the Enter button on your remote or OK button. When the indicator light is turned off, it is ready to go.If you want to turn off your TV automatically after some time, you want to create the Sleep feature. GE Universal Remote Control with the help of several minutes after turning off your TV. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Find the Sleep button. Hold down until the indicator light appears.
2. Enter the time from 1 to 99 minutes. You must enter 0 before the number. For example, if you choose 20 minutes, you should turn on the key 020.
To enable sleep performance, the remote must be placed on the TV.
If you want to disable sleep function, hold the sleep button until the indicator light is blinking. Alternatively, press the power button to turn on your remote control.
At the time of writing, GE Universal Remote is 99 14.99 and is available from this site.